A person admitted to the hospital shall be accorded the following:
Bill of Patients’ Rights
Adopted by the 34th World Medical Assembly Lisbon, Portugal, September/October 1981 and amended by the 47th General Assembly Bali, Indonesia, September 1995.
1. Right to medical care of good quality
Every person is entitled without discrimination to an appropriate quality medical care in accordance with generally approved medical principles.
2. Right to freedom of choice
The patient has the right to choose, change his physician and hospital or ask for opinion of another physician at any stage of his medical treatment.
3. Right to self-determination
The patient has the right to self-determination and information, to make free decisions regarding himself. The physician will inform the patient of the consequences of his decisions. A mentally competent adult patient has the right to give or withhold consent to any diagnostic procedure or therapy.
4. The unconscious patient
If the patient is unconscious or otherwise unable to express his will, informed consent must be obtained whenever possible, from a legally entitled representative. The physicians should always try to save the life of a patient due to a suicide attempt if the legally entitled representative is not available.
5. The legally incompetent patient
If a patient is a minor or otherwise legally incompetent the consent of a legally entitled representative, is required. If the person authorized by the patient, forbids treatment which is, in the opinion of the physician, in the patient’s best interest, the physician should challenge this decision in the relevant legal or other institution. In case of emergency, the physician will act in the patient’s best interest.
6. Procedures against the patient’s will
Diagnostic procedures or treatment against the patients’ will can be carried out only in exceptional cases, if specially permitted by law and conforming to the principles of Medical Ethics.
7. Right to Information
The patient has the right to receive information about himself recorded in any of his medical records, and to be fully informed about his health status including the medical facts about his condition. Information must be given in a way appropriate to the local culture so that the patient can understand.
8. Right to Confidentiality
All identifiable information about a patient’s health status, medical condition, diagnosis, prognosis and treatment and all other of personal kind must be kept confidential, even after death. Exceptionally, descendants may have a right of access to information that would inform them of their health risks.
9. Right to Health Education
Every person has the right to health education that will assist him in making informed choices about personal health and the available health services. The information should include the personal responsibility of his health, lifestyles and about the methods of prevention and early detection of illnesses.
10. Right to Dignity
The patient’s dignity and right to privacy shall be respected at all times in medical care and teaching, as shall his culture and values.
11. Right to religious assistance
The patient has the right to receive or to decline spiritual and moral comfort including the help of a minister of his chosen religion.
Our front desk is located at the Hospital Lobby.
Patient’s Visiting Hours: 9:00am – 9:00pm.
Dial loc. 9 for more inquiries.
The Admitting section and ER personnel will facilitate your admission.
You/your relative will be requested:
- To present your doctors’ order sheet. For walk-in patient, the ER physicians will make an admitting order after taking your history and physical examination.
- To fill up admission form. Information requested is designed to make your records as complete and accurate as possible. This is a vital procedure and we appreciate your cooperation.
- To select the type of accommodation that you want.
- To sign forms of consent for hospital care and acceptance of financial responsibility and other forms needed.
- To wear your ID band within GSDH premises.
CHECKING OUT AND DISCHARGE
A written order for discharge will be made by your attending physician. The nurse on duty encodes the PF and Diagnosis to allow the BO to finalize the statement of account. You are then requested to:
- Secure your Statement of account at the billing section. The billing personnel will accommodate any queries regarding your billing concerns.
- Settle your accounts with our cashier after checking your bills. Always ask for an official receipt for payments made.
- The Cashier will give you a discharge clearance in triplicate copies.
- Give the original copy of the discharge clearance to the Nurse on duty who will then give you your home medications and instructions.
- Wait for our orderly to wheel you to leave the hospital as needed. Prior to this, may we ask your kind patience while the nursing aide checks on the completeness of the room amenities.
- Surrender the duplicate of the discharge clearance to the information and the triplicate to the guard.
Room facilities will depend on the type of your room.
1. Admission kits are provided at a minimum cost.
2. Linen will be changed daily in the Private Rm. & every other day in the WARD.
3, Portable electrical appliances such as electric fan, airpot, and radios maybe brought in at an added cost but must be cleared with the nursing station before installation.
3. Telephone : Your telephone maybe used both for inside and outside calls. To make an inside call dial the local number of the party you wished to talk to. For outside calls dial 9 for operator assistance. Nurses Station and Department phones are for hospital and physicians use only. You can avail of the Piltel, Smart Talk, Bayantel payphones that have been installed in the lobby of the second floor in front of 2B station and at the back of the Security Guard post at the main entrance door.
4. Call System: Your room is equipped with a nurses calling button. Press the plunger when you need assistance. It will remain lighted until the nurse comes and reset the button. You may also call the nurses station through the telephone.
5. Notices: Notices such as “No Visitors”, “Don’t Disturb”, “Limit Visitors” and others maybe posted at your door upon Doctors’ order and/or patients request.
Dial loc. 9 for more inquiries.
- Upon admission, you will be requested to go to the Billing section located at the left side of the Main Entrance Door at the ground floor to make necessary arrangement of your stay.
- A minimum partial payment depending on the room rate is required on admission except on emergency cases.
- For payment we accept cash and credit cards such as VISA and DINERS card. Personal check is not accepted.
- For company or HMO sponsored accounts, a letter of authorization (LOA) should be submitted upon admission or may be forwarded to the BO within 24 hours of admission.
- ATM services.
- CITIBANK paylite program
- All payments are to be made ONLY at the Cashier Office.
Dial Loc. 124 for more inquiries.
Accredited Health Maintenance Organizations (HMO)
|Accette Life & Insurance Brokers, Inc.|
|Assistance Alliance International, Inc|
|Ayala AON Risk Services, Inc.|
|Ayala Life Assurance, Inc.|
|Blue Cross Health Care, Inc.|
|Cocolife Healthcare, Inc.|
|E-Medical & Technical Solutions,Inc.|
|Europe Assitance Philippines, Inc.|
|Fortune Medicare, Inc.|
|GSDH Employees Health Plan|
|Health Delivery System, Inc.|
|Health Maintenance, Inc.|
|Health Plan Philippines, INC (HPPI)|
|Insular Life Healthcare, Inc.|
|K & A Insurance Brokers, Inc.|
|Kaiser International Health Group INC.|
|Lacson & Lacson Inc.|
|Maxicare healthcare Corporation|
|MEDIcard Philippines, Inc.|
|Mt. Matutum Healthcare, Inc.|
|Nippon Life Philippines, Inc.|
|Philam Life, Inc.|
|Philamcare Health Systems, Inc.|
|Prudentialife Healthcare, Inc.|
|STAR Healthcare Systems, Inc.|
Our Dietary Department will ensure your nutritional requirements are met in accordance with your Doctors’ orders.
- Breakfast 6:00am – 8:00am
- Lunch 11:00am – 1:00pm
- Dinner 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Extra trays may be provided at an additional cost upon request.
Dial loc. 157 for more inquiries.
Our Hospital pharmacy operates 24/7 and is stocked with medicines of highest quality and standards. Unused medicines maybe returned and refunded upon discharged. You can avail of discounts for medicines paid in cash basis.
Dial loc. 125 for more inquiries.
Philhealth Benefits cover hospital and physicians fee at a certain limit. Philhealth forms can be secured at the Philhealth section of the Business office. PHIC form duly accomplished should be submitted within 24 hrs. of admission.
Dial loc. 189 for more inquiries.
- Holy Mass every Sunday at 8am officiated by a Catholic Priest provided.
- Daily holy Communion for Catholic patients at 6:30am on Mondays to Saturdays and at 7:30am on Sunday.
- Visitation of in-patients by the pastoral coordinator (SPC Sister).
- Patient confession and pastoral visit to the sick by a priest maybe requested by the patient or family.
- Sacrament of the sick or holy anointing as needed or on request.
- Emergency Baptism.
- Counseling by appointment.
MEDICAL RECORDS DEPARTMENT
Monday to Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (with noon break)
Saturdays and Holidays 8:00 AM – 4:00PM
REQUEST FOR CERTIFICATIONS
This covers processing of requisition of Medical Certificates (for both non medicolegal and medicolegal purposes), Certificate of Confinement, Birth Certificate, Death Certificate, and claim forms for SSS, GSIS, and Health Maintenance Organization/insurances.
- Fill up a request form.
- Present an authorization letter from the following:
- Patient himself (if the requesting party is other than the patient)
- Attending physician
- Parents (if requesting for a Birth Certificate)
- For Health Maintenance Organization/insurances, the requesting party must present an official form of his/her designated HMO.
- For Medical Abstract needed for Medical-Financial Assistance for Philippine Charity Sweepstake Office (PCSO), the requesting party must present an endorsement letter from the Social Service Department of the hospital.
- Receptionist will explain and give further instructions on specific request.
- Payment of necessary processing fees
REQUEST FOR MEDICAL INFORMATION AND RECORDS
This covers information related to the patient’s health condition and status, diagnosis, treatment, diagnostic examinations, records of operation (if any) and all related health professional details.
- Fill up a request form.
- Signed authorization from patient for release of medical information
- If the patient is a minor, signed authorization from one of the parents or legally appointed guardian
- If the patient has died, signed authorization from the identified next of kin.
- If the patient is unable to sign the authorization because of physical or mental disability, signed authorization from the next of kin or legally appointed guardian. If possible, verification of such disability should be obtained from a physician.
- A patient, who is a minor but married, or self-supporting and living apart from the parent’s residence, may sign his/her own authorization.
- Payment of necessary processing fees
Dial loc. 107 for more inquiries.
Click Image to Download PDF file.